Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

CHOOSE THE RIGHT


One of the reasons I wanted to do a blog, was to be able to journal our family's experiences and to document events and funny things my kids say or do. You know how when kids say really funny things, and you think "I should write that down somewhere, so I won't forget it" and then you forget to write it down? Well, Avery was full of those "funny things" today. So, I thought I could write (or type) them here.
This year in primary, the presidency has encouraged all the kids to bring their scriptures with them to church, no matter what age they are. Well, Avery has been obsessed with her Book of Mormon ever since. She talks about it all the time: "Was this book written by Mormons?" "Is this book all about Mormons?" and so on. So she was asking these questions as we were on our way to church, and when Kirk went to open the door for her to enter the church, Avery said, very loudly "Thank You, Mormon!" Everyone around her laughed, hysterically!

Then during sacrament meeting, as I was reviewing my lesson on Adam and Eve, I showed her a picture and asked her if she knew who these people were. She replied, "Oh yah, that is the boy and girl that lived in the forest, naked, their names are Adam and......and....EVIL" I busted out laughing, and got the stares from others around me!

Then on the way home from church, she was walking with me, holding my hand, and asked me "Mommy, what would you choose: To go with Jesus and choose the right, or would you follow that other bad guy and NOT choose the right.....cause I TOTALLY want to follow Jesus!" Gotta love this child!!!

Then later this evening, her brother Jaret was getting mad at her for messing up his Wii game (heaven forbid) and pushed her out of the way! Well, the little girl drama started up, with the BIG tears and everything and she came to the top of the stairs and yelled down to Jaret at the top of her lungs "JARET, YOU DID NOT CHOOSE THE RIGHT!!!"

It is days like this, and little words of wisdom like these, that make my job as a mother even better! My kids are such good examples to me and I know that they have taught me WAY more about life (and choosing the right), than I could have learned on my own! I love my little "Mormons"! And, like Avery, I TOTALLY want to follow Jesus too!

1 comment:

  1. K I'm such a snoop! I saw you post your comment on Laura's wall about your blog. so I had to come see it! It looks fabulous you have such a cute little family!

    ReplyDelete